to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jun 21, 2011

Meanwhile back home - playing with wood



-4 glass kitchen drawers in mint condition found on a flea market
-wooden roller blinds, pieces from a door and shelves, all from our farm and in their original colours.
-4 carved oak legs for a chest of drawers (I got hold of some carved bits and pieces for furniture that was never built, pieces are in the pre-finished state which gives them a unique untreated natural 'roughness')


mise en scène...



btw... the mosaic mirror was made quite a few years ago with gorgeous damaged plates from the thirties.


I have 4 more drawers, so I can make a another similar one.


Wooden bits on all three sides.


details in Reclaimed Wood on right of blogpage.


related post


No comments: