to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jun 3, 2011

Dirk Bell - "Retour"

The first work I see in this exhibition already makes me smile... a life size see through glass door with a spy-hole.  Good start, I'm sure I'm going to love what's coming next.




Center piece of the space : FREELOVE










His use of discarded doors, worn out floorcoverings and old paintings (fleamarket finds I guess) instantly seduced me.












front/back





















detail of door










detail of painting on panel







































This is only part of the exhibition... I did go around it twice and discovered things I had not seen the first time.  I'm sure I haven't seen all of the details in the works, some of them are so subtle it takes some time to detect.


until 28.08.2011 (on the brochure of the museum) or 18.09.2011 (on the site)!
Pinakothek der Moderne
Munich - Germany


No comments: