to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Nov 16, 2010

Alina Szapocznikow - captivating casts

detail




detail





Alina Szapocznikow (1926 Poland - 1973 France) - Herbarium XIII




Fascinated and intrigued, this is how I felt by looking at this artist's work.  And now that I've read her life story my admiration has even grown.




Alina Szapocznikow - Rolls Royce


More captivating works in the exhibition, I loved the light-sculptures, but pictures aren't good enough to publish.




click to view info in English
'The Reality of the Lowest Rank'
Exhibition with over 40 international artists on 6 locations in the medieval city of Bruges, Belgium.
until 23 January 2011
www.bruggecentraal.be/

view past and future post on the exhibition by clicking label below

No comments: