to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Apr 8, 2010

Swedish craftsmen/women

Only a few steps from the Form/Design Center in Malmö (previous post) is the lovely shop/gallery Formargruppen Butik & Galleri where Swedish craftsmen and -women sell and exhibit their arts and crafts.
In the gallery space an exhibition with work from David Carlsson I found quite intriguing.


The shop is in the other part of the room, filled with locally designed and crafted items from various artists.  Jewelry, wood, metalwork, felt, ceramics, glass and more.






This one reminds me so much of an artist from New Mexico I met quite some years ago.  Will do a post on that later.

Most of my pictures did not turn out well, but the shop has its own Flickrpages and site where all information on various artists can be found.

David Carlsson's site : www.dceramic.se

No comments: